High concentrated acid blends are so trendy. They give instant smooth and glowy skin. The problem is that few people can tolerate them weekly. Over exfoliation is becoming a major problem leading to sensitization of the skin.
I prefer to recommend a mild acidic toner containing a lower concentration of AHA. Check my series on AHA to understand what they are (here). Even though they don’t contain a crazy amount of acid, you can still turn them into powerful peels.
I Change your water-based cleanser
I am an advocate of double cleansing (here) with oil (or a balm) followed by a gentle acidic cleanser. A simple way to make your acidic toner stronger is to leave on the water-based cleanser for 2-3 minutes on your face.
II Layer your toner
A second easy way to make your toner stronger is to layer it 2 to 3 times. I recommend the Krave beauty Kale Lalu yAHA, The Ordinary 7% glycolic toner and the By Wishtrend 5% Mandelic acid
III Mix your toner with clay
You won’t see me do a lot of at-home recipes but this one is fantastic. My favorite clay is Kaolin. The recipe is super easy: mix clay powder with your favorite acidic toner. Leave the mask on for 5 minutes on the face.
Check my video where I demonstrate each tip.
- 🍋 Acids
- The Ordinary 30% AHA 2% BHA⎪theordinary.com
- Krave beauty Kale Lalu yAHA⎪https://kravebeauty.com/
- The Ordinary 7% Glycolic acid toner⎪theordinary.com
- By Wishtrend Mandelic acid 5%⎪https://amzn.to/2ZfCmCl
- Avene Xeracalm cleansing bar ⎪https://amzn.to/2Znf8uc
- Cerave cleanser bar⎪https://amzn.to/2ZcLEio
- Krave Beauty Matche Hemp Cleanser ⎪ https://kravebeauty.com/
- Kaolin ⎪https://amzn.to/2HhB8jV
Thank you for your time.